International

ADNOC Drilling, Alpha Dubai JV completes first strategic investment in US-based engineering firm

Published on : 2024-01-09

The UAE-based ADNOC Drilling Company, a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi’s national oil company ADNOC, and Alpha Dubai, a unit of Abu Dhabi’s International Holding Company, have announced the incorporation of a strategic investment joint venture (JV) at the Abu Dhabi Global Market, which will pursue global investments in energy technology.

Alpha Dhabi has contributed its 25% equity stake, valued at $180 million, in the US-based Gordon Technologies, a provider of measurement while drilling (MWD) technology to the oil and gas industry.

The establishment of this JV, and the contribution of Gordon’s 25% share capital, is expected to bring value accretive returns to both shareholders, a statement on Tuesday read.

ADNOC Drilling holds a majority 51% stake in the JV, with the remaining 49% held by Alpha Dhabi, with equal Board representation for both parties. The JV intends to acquire and invest in companies offering tech-enabled oilfield services solutions, subject to the relevant regulatory approvals.

Related Articles

Wintershall Dea Makes Gas Discovery in Norway Cuvette Exploration Well

Wintershall Dea and its partners, Petoro and DNO, have made a gas condensate discovery at the Cuvette prospect in the North Sea, with estimated recoverable volumes of 16-38 million barrels of oil equivalent.

Read More

Wintershall Dea Awarded First Onshore CCS License in Denmark

Wintershall Dea has been awarded an operatorship in Greenstore CO2 storage license in Jutland, the first onshore Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) license round in Denmark.

Read More

Energean sells Egyptian, Italian, Croatian assets to Carlyle International Energy Partners for $945 million

Energean has entered into a binding agreement for the sale of its portfolio in Egypt, Italy and Croatia to an entity controlled by Carlyle International Energy Partners for up to $945 million, of which $820 million is firm.

Read More
Wintershall Deaneptune LogoSIEnppipetrojetTransGlobe SCHNEIDER-ELECTRIChempleEgypt gasNorthAlmansooriSKY CTS exxonmobilSchlumbergerhttps://www.shell.com/GascoCPCAlmansoori